Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Robredo joins Davao anti-crime celebration

DEPARMENT of Interior and Local Government (DILG) Secretary Jesse Robredo joined Wednesday's celebration of Police Regional Office (PRO)-Davao's anti-crime achievements, saying "there is good news here."

"I was asked why I'm here in Davao when we have a similar celebration in Camp Crame... I'm here [because] I would rather showcase what Davao City has done in terms of crime prevention. Maybe it's high-time to showcase the good news in the Philippines and I'm saying the good news here and I would like to be part of that good news," Robredo said in an address during the ceremonies at Camp Catitipan.

He said he is impressed with the city's low crime rate.

"Palagay ko marami kayong high profile but in terms of crime incidents, hindi ganoon karami. Let me say that solving the high profile crimes are important but I think na ang ating obligasyon is para sa pangkalahatang mamamayan," Robredo said.

He also dismissed speculations that he is avoiding the celebrations in Manila.

"No, when I was here the last time I promised General Tango (PRO-Davao Director Pedro Tango) that I'd come back. They've already adjusted to my schedule," Robredo said. "You know there is no reason to avoid Metro Manila."

Robredo said he want the activities conducted by the police on crime prevention be extended and the efforts to continue year-round.

The Philippine National Police is celebrating the National Crime Prevention Week pursuant to Presidential Proclamation 461, declaring the first week of September for the activity.

The crime prevention week is headed by the National Police Commission and supported by government agencies like Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency, Dangerous Drug Board, and DILG, among others. (JCZ) [via sunstar davao]

No comments:

Post a Comment

I know we have a freedom of speech and expression but be responsible! Comments with foul and offensive language are not allowed. The blogger reserves the right to delete inappropriate comments.

nrelate

Page Rank Check RSS feedSubscribe